When you ask someone what a homestay is, most of the times they answer is staying in a family’s home. However, a homestay experience is a unique accommodation because what makes a homestay different to other types of accommodation are the hosts, they will be there during your stay, to welcome you and make it as enjoyable as possible.
Staying in a homestay you not only get to visit a destination, you get to really live it too! You will learn how the locals live, new traditions and costumes, besides, it is the cheapest options for housing. It doesn’t matter if you’re planning a short break for one week, if you’re going to study abroad or relocating to another country, a homestay is ideal to get familiar with a new culture.
Living with a host family allows you to experience a multicultural environment, meet new people from all around the world, practice your language skills, it gives you easy access to public transportation and a secure zone in the city you’re going to live, and the most important is that you will be like a new member of the family, you won’t be alone in a strange and new culture.
As a housing agency, we offer homestay experiences in Montreal, Canada, one of the best cities of the world to live. We want to assure you live an unforgettable experience, for this reason, we select carefully our hosts through a selective process.
- First of all, we have a golden rule: “If we wouldn’t like to live in that home, we do not recruit that family”.
- Then, potential families fill in a questionnaire to know the type of family they are. We ask information about how many people live in the house, birth date of each one, hobbies, jobs, what kind of the students they prefer, since when they started to be host, etc.
- Once we have their information, we filter families that live 50 minutes far away by bus or metro from the main schools. The families that live that far way are not selected.
- We interview the selected families to verify the information they gave us and we asked for a criminal record given by the Service de Police de la Ville de Montreal.
- We verify the spaces where students will be living, if they’re in good conditions and if they’re equipped for them.
- Finally, we score our potential host families according to this process to decide if it can be a host family or not from MS Homestays.
MS Homestays offers two options according to the necessities of the students: half board and full board. The half board includes 2 meals: breakfast and dinner, and full board includes 3 meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. To start your registration you have to pay a 30 CAD fee.
For more information visit our website or find us on Facebook and Instagram like MSHomestays.